Heightened Senses (sage study)
From The Authentic D&D WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Heightened senses is a sage study in the field of Skulduggery, enabling improved sensitivity in the character's five senses. This manifests in two specific ways: the perceptual, which increases their natural abilities to see, hear, touch, taste or smell; and the conceptual, which enables characters to refine their awareness of things, such as colors (detecting multiple hues in specific detail), pheromones (identifying emotional states or types of animal) or even states of illness resulting from a disease which may not even be known to the sufferer.
The sage abilities below are those acquired by a character through the study, according to status.
- Reveal Approach: provides an outside limit to how close an enemy can approach before being detected.
- Senses I: moderate adjustments received to combat situations.
- Sight & Fire: permits identifying a target preparatory to firing a missile while retaining cover.
- Identify Odour: recognise the origin and source of that which is smelled.
- Improved Sight & Fire: provides adjustments to the amateur skill, allowing target adjusting while firing and withholding fire from friendly targets.
- Detect Invisible Creature: enables the character to hear the breathing of an invisible creature and identify the invisible defender's hex, so that they may attack with -4 to hit; likewise, it gives a 5 in 6 chance of revealing a breathing, concealed creature who is within 20 feet of the character.
- Recognise Disturbance: sense that someone has entered and lingered in a room over the last hour.
- Fight in the Dark: gives improved bonuses and target location when character is unable to see.
- Identify Noise: recognise the origin and source of sounds that are heard.
- Identify Taste: recognise a substance from the barest of tasting it, especially poison, which can be normally be sampled without fear.
Assassin Sage Abilities
Thief Sage Abilities